Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Low Fat Chocolate Sorbet!

For my next feat with the Cuisinart I wanted to try making sorbet.
For my first sorbet I decided to make a low fat chocolate sorbet I came across on this blog.

It is very similar in consistency and exact taste of one of my favorite eateries- Rita’s Italian Ice! (their chocolate flavor)
I didn’t melt the chips all the way…so it has some crunch to it too!
This will definitely be my go to guilt-free chocolate indulgence! (when I want something guilt-free that is!)
Ingredients
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
2-4 oz. chopped dark or semi-sweet chocolate, or chocolate chips

Directions
Combine the sugar and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Put it over med-high heat and stir in 2 cups water. (Make some of that water coffee if you want, or stir in a teaspoon of instant coffee or espresso – it will intensify the chocolate flavor without adding fat.) Bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes. Take it off the heat and stir in the chocolate. Stir until it melts, or better yet, until it kind of melts but leaves some chunks.
Let the mixture cool, then refrigerate until it’s cold. Pour into the ice cream maker for about 20-30 minutes.  If you want to firm it up, put it in the freezer for a few hours.



No comments: