Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies


Alas, I had another nephew birthday to attend! Tyler has 5 nephews all under the age of 5!..yes I know.. Oh my!
(I actually made these about a month ½ ago..so I apologize in the delay of getting this up!)
We were thinking about bringing over a toy, since I didn’t think I would have time to bake for the occasion.

That same weekend I was flying back from a work conference, and I didn’t land until around 10pm the night before the birthday party.
I was hesitant to bring a gift, since we had just attended another nephew party, and we didn’t bring a toy, we brought muffins instead!

Tyler didn’t really want me to stress out about the issue..but Derek, Ty ‘s brother and father of the birthday boy seems to be one of my #1 fans. Every time Derek calls Tyler he asks “when am I getting more of Marge’s cookies!?”.. . therefore I HAD to deliver! Luckily I still had a Christmas gift sealed and stored in my pantry.

I know you must be thinking Christmas was almost 5 months ago..what could you possibly have from 5 months ago that is still good? Edible or not!
I give you not only the recipe for the ultimate chocolate chip cookie…but yet the ultimate Christmas gift!
A dear family friend of ours, ML, gave me such a fitting Christmas gift when I went back home.
Not only was it so very thoughtful, it is a time and life saver.
These cookies took me 15 mins to make (this is including the bake time!)
I definitely plan on giving this out as a gift as well!
THANKS AGAIN ML!!!

Prep 15 mins
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup semisweet chocolate morsels
½ cup white chocolate morsels
½ cup milk chocolate morsels
½ cup light brown sugar


Layer all ingredients in order listed above in a 1-qt. clear container with an airtight lid. (Pack each layer before adding another by lightly tapping bottom of container on countertop.) Seal; store in a cool, dry place. Yield 1 gift.

Attach these directions:
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Beat ½ cup softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
Add 1 large egg and 1 tsp. vanilla extract, beating until blended. Add Ultimate
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, and stir with a spoon. Drop by tablespoonful onto
baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on baking sheets 1 min. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
Makes 2 ½ dozen



No comments: