Monday, January 31, 2011

Cookie Dough Truffles

Well while we were away visiting my family in FL, we needed a sitter for our son/dog Roscoe.
Who better to watch him then his aunt and one of our best friends?- Tina!
Tina generously offered to stay at our apartment and take care of Roscoe while we were away in Fl for 8 days.
Not only did she walk, feed, and hug our dog she also baked!...I mean best house sitter ever! Right? (don’t worry Tina..I will not give out your phone number on this site).
When I arrived home from the airport around 10pm or so, I went immediately to the fridge for a snack, before beginning to unpack.
There sat a red bucket. I opened the red bucket and said OMfreakinG!!!... 4 dough balls later..I txted Tina a huge thank you and told her to send me the recipe, so I could share these amazing things with the rest of the world!

Tina's Recipe:

Ingredients
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate morsels
* 1 cup finely chopped nuts of your choice. ( I like pecans or walnuts)
* 1 container of chocolate coating candy
* 1 container of white chocolate coating candy

Directions

In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and add condensed milk. Add chocolate morsels and nuts, mixing well. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet. Chill for 2 hours. (Since cookie dough is sticky, roll your hands in flour).
Melt chocolate candy in microwave or double boiler. Using two fork, dip cookies balls into candy coating to cover. 
Place back on wax. After coating all your cookie dough balls, drizzle melted white chocolate, with a fork, over the top. It should make a pretty design to make your truffles look sexy. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool